**PLEASE NOTE THE FRESH MIXES AND GARNISHES ARE DESIGNED TO BE CONSUMED WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS FROM THE DATE RECEIVED**
Please keep all fresh items refrigerated until consumption.
*We have included a small red solo cup to be used as your measure. The line near the bottom is the measure for .5 oz. The cup full is 2 oz. Anytime you are measuring less than 2 oz, we recommend using the measure of .5 oz to the cumulative total required for your drink.
** We recommend opening the packages using scissors if you have them available. Please cut above the reseal line. Once open, if resealing to use some at a later point, we recommend keeping the package upright and sealed until using again.
Smoked Vanilla Chai Old Fashioned
Whiskey, vanilla, chai, bitters, sugar, smoke
- Whiskey 1.5 oz
- Vanilla-Chai pouch
- Mixing jar
- Red solo cup measure
- Bar spoon (wooden skewer)
- Wood chip
- 1 small plate (not provided)
- Lighter or kitchen torch (not provided)
- Splash of water (not provided)
- Angostura bitter soaked cube
- Garnish with dried orange wheel
How to build your cocktail
- Add the sugar cube to the mixing jar, and add a splash of water to help soften it
- Break up the cube using the thick end of the bar spoon
- Measure 1.5 oz of whiskey and add to the mixing jar
- Measure 1.0 oz from the pouch marked Vanilla-Chai, and add to the mixing jar
- Using a small plate and a lighter (not provided), in a well ventilated area, light your wood chip on fire. Be patient with this step: you want to make sure the chip is burning well before you blow it out.
- Blow out the wood chip and quickly place it on the plate. Cover with a rocks style glass, smoking the glass while you build the drink
- Add about a 1/2 cup of ice to the mixing jar
- Place the thick end of the bar spoon into the mixing jar and stir the cocktail for 20-25 seconds
- Add ice to smoked glass
- Replace the cover of the jar just enough to strain the cocktail into the prepared rocks glass
- Garnish with orange wheel