**PLEASE NOTE THE FRESH MIXES AND GARNISHES ARE DESIGNED TO BE CONSUMED WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS FROM THE DATE RECEIVED**
Please keep all fresh items refrigerated until consumption.
*We have included a small red solo cup to be used as your measure. The line near the bottom is the measure for .5 oz. The cup full is 2 oz. Anytime you are measuring less than 2 oz, we recommend using the measure of .5 oz to the cumulative total required for your drink.
** We recommend opening the packages using scissors if you have them available. Please cut above the reseal line. Once open, if resealing to use some at a later point, we recommend keeping the package upright and sealed until using again.
Smoked Old Fashioned
Whiskey, bitters, orange, sugar, smoke
What you will need to build your Smoked Old Fashioned
- Mini bottle of Whiskey
- 1 Bitter soaked sugar cube
- 2 Orange zest (1 un-trimmed for building, and 1 trimmed for garnish)
- 1 wood chip
- Mixing jar
- Red solo cup measure
- Bar spoon (wooden skewer)
- Ice for building and serving your drink
- Lighter (not included)
- 1 small plate (not included)
How to build your Smoked Old Fashioned
- Using the small plate in a well ventilated area, preferably under the hood fan light the wood chip on fire. Let the chip burn for as long as you can without burning your fingers.
- Blow out the flame and place your glassware of choice over top of the smoking chip, trapping the smoke in the glass
- Place the bitter soaked sugar cube into your mixing jar
- Carefully drip a few drops of Whiskey into the glass with the cube
- Add the un-trimmed orange zest into the jar
- Using the bar spoon break apart the sugar cube and press the orange zest enough to release the oils from the rind
- Once the sugar has dissolved, measure 2.0 oz. of Whiskey to your mixing jar
- Add about 1/2 cup of ice to the mixing jar
- Using the your bar spoon with the bigger end on the bottom of the jar trace the inside of the opening, stirring the drink for about 12-15 seconds
- Remove the smoking glass from the plate and add King cube
- Place the cover on the mixing jar just enough that you can strain the cocktail over the king cube into smoked glass and garnish with trimmed orange zest.